Google Pixel XL Teardown (Disassembling) – Review
Google Pixel XL has these essential attributes:
1.5.5-inch 534ppi AMOLED display with 1,440 x 2,560 resolution.
2. Bent 2.5 D Gorilla Glass 4
3.64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor with a pair of 2.15 GHz high-performance CPU cores and 2 power-efficient 1.6 GHz cores.
4.4 GB LPDDR4 RAM.
5.12.3-megapixel f/2.0 back electronic camera with stage discovery autofocus, laser discovery autofocus, no optical picture as well as no undesirable bump stabiliziation.
6.8-megapixel front video camera.
7.32 GB or 128 GB integrated storage.
8. Pixel Imprint back-mounted finger print sensing unit.
9. USB Type-C port and 3.5 mm headphone port.
10. No Home button (onscreen button instead).
11. Android 7.1 Nougat.
Google Pixel XL Teardown:.
The Pixel XL makes use of common T5 Torx displays, unlike Apple’s special Pentalobe screws in the iPhone. The display screen setting up not so a lot due to thin components and no framework or bezel behind the display screen.
2. The touch controller is a Synaptics ClearPad S3708 module.
3. Google has a various take on the “pull to eliminate” battery tab through a perforated portion of the sleeve that, when peeled off away (without heat), “ends up being an outstanding pull tab.”.
4. Google’s use modular parts that could be quickly changed, like the 3.5 mm headphone jack, the front-facing camera and an adjoin board with a condition LED, an ambient light sensor as well as a microphone.
5.NXP-made NFC controller, Samsung-made NAND flash chips and Qualcomm-made sound codec, dynamic antenna matching receiver, LTE RF transceiver, power monitoring circuitry and fast-charging Quick Charge 3.0 platform.
6. The USB Type-C port is a bare-bones component, implying cheap USB port substitutes. Component design as well as design factor to the Pixel being the first really Google-made mobile phones in such a way that the Nexus family members was not.
7. To conclude, the Google Pixel XL a repairability score of six out of 10.